Saturday, April 14, 2012

I usually come up with a title about halfway through the book.

And about halfway through this book, I came up with a title.
I wanted it to be two words. Mostly because everything else I write has a one-word title, and I was in the mood for something new. I also wanted Jenesis's name in it. So in order to make that work, it would have had to be something like Verbing Jenesis. Flying Jenesis. Being Jenesis. Finding Jenesis. But then I wanted it to have a post-apocalyptic feel. Killing Jenesis? I almost went with that, but it seemed like overkill. Even though parts of the book get a little violent and edgy, Killing didn't work.

Ending Jenesis.

That works. I see it, I hear it in my mind (I actually haven't said it out loud yet... that'll tell you how often I live inside my mind and how I hate living outside of it), and it just sounds right. It sounds like my book. It's the perfect title. Now I'm going to type it in a couple different ways, just to see how it looks.

Ending Jenesis.
ENDING JENESIS.

You think a title like that could sell? It's amazing what just a couple words could do for a book. It's perfect for me, definitely. Is it perfect for the rest of the world?

Jeez, I need to get the rest of it finished.

1 comment: